This week’s topic: How to Travel in Europe for Three Weeks
Top Tips for Traveling:
- Pack Light– Trade traditional suitcases for bigger backpacks designed to maximize space.
- Pack Smart– Bring only things you can mix and match. You will go shopping!
- Research– Sure traveling abroad is supposed to have some spontaneity, but you’ll definitely appreciate knowing where you need to go when you need to go there.
- Spend Money Well– Do a little price hunting so you won’t feel like you have to skip out on any sites on your Bucket List. The experiences will be worth having one less croissant or another London snow globe.
- Best Souvenir: photos– Save money and use your own photos to make postcards instead of buying them!
- Embrace Culture– Know some basic phrases in the native language and make an effort to understand and appreciate the local culture. You’ll get so much more out of the trip!
- Write Everything Down– Whether you make a blog or keep a private journal, take a little time every day or week to write down the places you go, people you meet, and new foods you try.
- Give Yourself Free Time– Don’t forget that some of life’s greatest moments are the ones we don’t plan for. Don’t be afraid to give yourself the afternoon off and explore a new place or have a relaxing picnic people watching.
If that doesn’t get you even more excited to travel abroad I don’t know what will. As long as you stay open to new experiences and are willing to try new things and stick to some of these tips, I’m sure you’ll have the semester or vacation of a lifetime!
Don’t forget to check out other posts on Steph’s travels blog to learn more tips for traveling abroad.